Friday, January 16, 2015

Seeking after God

I Chronicles 7:8-9, "Now therefore, in the sight of all Israel, the assembly of the Lord, and in the hearing of our God, be careful to seek out all the commandments of the Lord your God, that you may possess this good land, and leave it as an inheritance for your children after you forever. “As for you, my son Solomon, know the God of your father, and serve Him with a loyal heart and with a willing mind; for the Lord searches all hearts and understands all the intent of the thoughts. If you seek Him, He will be found by you; but if you forsake Him, He will cast you off forever." (NKJV)

This scripture passage confirmed to me an inspiration and reminder that I received during prayer last week. I felt God reminding me that I needed to be very careful during my time of seeking Him. It is so easy to become influenced by the flesh even during prayer time. Each of us have needs in our own lives and this list of needs grows even larger when we factor into our prayers the needs of our family and friends. I want to make something very clear before I proceed with the remainder of this post. I do believe that God encourages us to bring our needs, cares, worries, frustrations, etc. to Him in prayer. BUT we do need to be careful and not allow that to become the full focus of our prayers.

This passage of scripture reveals that God had to teach a very important principle to previous generations. It is found in verse 8 of the passage that I shared today. Read these words once more and focus on the emphasis that the Spirit speaks, "...be careful to seek out all the commandments of the Lord your God,..." WOW, what a challenge to all of us. Is it possible that we only seek "parts" of God; i.e, His blessings, His provisions, His healing, His miracles, etc.? Each of us need to "seek out all the commandments of the Lord your God" as well as all of the blessings. I am certainly not against the blessings of God being released in our lives but we need more than His "blessings." We need the revelation of His character, His holiness and His righteousness deposited in our lives. I believe this will happen as we seek God for every part of our life and not just a portion of our life.

Have a great day of fellowship and communion with the Heavenly Father!!

No comments:

Post a Comment