Monday, January 19, 2015

Weekend Review

It is always amazing as well as a blessing to witness God confirm those principles that He has raised up in your (my) heart. Over the past few weeks God has continued to remind me about the importance that each of us as individuals have in the eyes of God. I would encourage you to read Romans 8:31-35 at your convenience and identify the number of times that the Spirit places the word "us" in the passage that Paul is inspired to write. Please remember that YOU are important to God and that He is fully aware of all that is taking place in your life.

I saw the importance of individuals in the Sunday morning service at New River. I was given the awesome privilege to pray with a young mother and her child. I was given the privilege to pray with foster parents who just received three children (brothers) into their home. Let me add that these children are all under the age of three(3). I was praying with a couple when their daughter reached for me. I received her out of her Mother's arms into my arms. I proceeded to walk around the altar praying for her future life journey. I was amazed that as I continued to pray the more she began to cling to me as though she was receiving the strength of the prayer. I prayed with a woman in whom God has done an awesome work over the past 1-2 years. But recently her and her husband have encountered some health issues. These issues have attempted to hinder her relationship with God. You may be thinking, "Why does all of this information matter to me?" It matters because it confirms the principle that God was interested in each of these individuals including the children!! Let me hasten to add that there were other "individuals" who received the ministering presence of the Spirit into their lives during the service.

We can never allow that principle to disappear from our lives and we can certainly never allow that principle to disappear from the family of God. This motivating factor/principle that comes from God will keep us focused on our call/opportunity to share the Bread of Life with each and everyone that God places in our path of life. We may need to stop looking for opportunities to make an impact on groups of people and start focusing on making an impact on this world one person at a time. Most of us will never be involved in large crusades that affect thousands but we will have opportunity to affect the person behind the counter at the grocery store. We will have opportunity to affect our neighbor and even our co-worker (s). WE WILL HAVE OPPORTUNITY TO AFFECT THOSE WHO LIVE IN THE SAME HOUSE WITH US!! 

Stop waiting on the crowds and start looking for those individuals that God has placed and will continue to place in your (my) life.

#EVERYONEisIMPORTANTtoGOD!!

No comments:

Post a Comment