Thursday, December 3, 2015

Bread

I would like to share a portion of some thoughts that I sent in an email this morning to some various individuals. I would like for you to think about these ideas and realize that we are blessed to know the "Bread of Life."

John 6:35, "And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst."(NKJV)

I thought today's scripture would be an appropriate one since we just concluded the Thanksgiving holiday. I am sure that many of us possibly could have over eat at least one or twice in the past few days. But it is amazing to realize that I will eat until I am full or even over filled yet still eat again the next day. We are amazingly created through the handiwork of God.

Our soul is somewhat similar to our body in that it craves something that only God can provide. The enemy of our soul offers us many substitutes for the "Bread of Life." There are many people in our world who are falling prey to the cunning tactics of the enemy and they eat at the table he has prepared week after week. But the true followers of Christ refuse to fellowship at that table of deceit and they earnestly look toward Heaven and partake of the "Bread of Life."

No comments:

Post a Comment