Friday, April 7, 2017

Friday's Findings

Galatians 2:20, I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. (NKJV) (Emphasis Added)

The Spirit seems to be consistently reminding me of the "personal" connection and reality of the entrance of Christ into this world. Jesus came to earth. Jesus ministered to various individuals as well as large crowds which were made up of individuals. Jesus took on the sins of the world which by the way included my sins as well as your sins. Jesus offered His life on the cross that I may have the opportunity to receive the gift of eternal life. Does any of the previous sentences lead you to believe that Jesus was detached from His purpose and His calling? Rather my personal reflections should cause us to remember and definitely realize that Jesus was very much "connected" with His purpose and with His call!!!

Sunday we will celebrate Palm Sunday and one week later we will celebrate Easter Sunday. In between those two days we will reflect on and remember what we reference as Good Friday. Good Friday takes us to the foot of the cross as we look into the face of the Suffering Savior. We can never forget the fact that the Suffering Savior preceded the Resurrected Savior. He suffered that we might overcome the suffering and heartache of this world.

We are approaching one of the most if not the important Biblical reminder for all of humanity. What are we preparing our hearts to remember? We must prepare our hearts to remember more than just a series of Christian holidays. We are preparing our hearts to revisit and remember the genuine purpose of the birth of Jesus Christ!!

We need to change the words that we use when we describe the entrance of Christ into this world. He did not just die for “them.” He did more than just die for “us.” He did more than just die for the “church.” He did more than just die for the "world." Each of these statements is true to say the least but we need to add this sentence to our vocabulary. Would you read these words out loud with me? “JESUS DIED FOR ME!!!” Doesn’t that make you feel better? Despite everything that you are facing; despite everything that you have faced and despite everything that you may face; you and I must remember this fact; GOD LOVES ME AND GOD LOVES YOU!!!  Regardless of your situation or my situation and regardless of what you or I are feeling (emotional condition); you must remember that you are secure in the hands of God and that you are precious (valuable, rare, prized) to Him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment