Thursday, April 6, 2017

Thoughts on Thursday

Today's post will reflect on those thoughts that God has been placing in my heart throughout this season of Lent. I have been encouraging our church to take the 40 days between Ash Wednesday and Resurrection Sunday and reconnect with the "true" story of Jesus Christ. I am glad to report that the story of the death as well as the Resurrection of Jesus Christ is not "fake news" but I can report that JESUS CHRIST IS ALIVE!! 

I have been taking the approach to remember the personal side of the Easter story. Jesus Christ died for me and I do not say those words arrogantly or with a self-righteous overtone. I say those words with sincere worship and appreciation. Jesus died that I could have a personal, life-changing relationship with Him. Jesus died that I could enjoy the blessing of that relationship with Him as I travel the road of life. Jesus died that I could live in faith and live with hope as I travel my path of life. Jesus died that He could reveal that He was interested in me and that He would actively participate in my life if I allowed Him to abide in my heart and life. Jesus died that I could look forward to the day that He would welcome me to spend eternity in His presence in Heaven. Let me add that those are just a few of the PERSONAL REASONS that I celebrate Christ on a daily basis!!!

I read this passage of scripture today and I would like to share it with you. I John 3:16, By this we know love, because He laid down His life for us. And we also ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.(NKJV) (Emphasis Added)


Words from a song that I remember as a young Christian have been resonating in my heart this morning:

"Were you there when they crucified my Lord?
  Were you there when they crucified my Lord?
  Were you there when they crucified my Lord?
  Sometime it causes me to tremble, tremble, tremble!!"

  Were you there when they nailed Him to a tree?
  Were you there when they nailed Him to a tree?
  Were you there when they nailed Him to a tree?
  Sometime it causes me to tremble, tremble, tremble!!"

How long has it been since we have trembled when we remember what He did for us at Calvary?

No comments:

Post a Comment