Monday, April 17, 2017

Monday's Musings

1 Corinthians 1:18, For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.(NKJV)

We have just completed the spiritual process of reflection, meditation and celebration of Holy Week. I trust that this "2,000 year old story" has reminded each of us of the transformational power of Jesus Christ. This past week we have been reminded that He died, that He was buried and that He arose on the third day. Each of these steps in the life of Christ were planned, designed and understood prior to His entrance into this Earth as a human being. Once again, I cry out these words, "Oh what a Savior."

Today we enter what I will reference as the "Post Resurrection Celebration." Where do we go from the empty tomb now that we have put away the flowers, songs, skits, crosses, communion trays, brightly colored ties, chocolate eggs, Easter songs, etc.? Each of these items have "somewhat" of a connection with the "Easter" story. But I am thankful that these items are not where my Hope is placed. I am not just connected with the symbols of the "Easter" season of celebration. No, a thousand times NO. I am connected with and depending on the Risen Savior who is worthy of my celebration each and every day. 

I do not need the calendar to remind me that Jesus is ALIVE; I see and sense Him alive in my heart and life on a daily basis. I am thankful that I can report that the remains of Jesus' body is not THERE IN THE TOMB. The Hope of the Resurrection reminds me that Jesus is PRESENT IN THE HERE AND IN THE NOW!! He is alive for evermore. 

I understand that each of us face our unique set of struggles, trials, challenges, heartaches, anxieties, difficulties, etc. BUT we have a Risen Savior to trust and place our faith in during these moments, Jesus in not "there in the tomb" but He is alive in each moment of our lives. These is no doubt in my mind that Jesus is alive as I typed those previous words. I have witnessed the presence of Jesus Christ in my life on more occasions that I can even identify. The wonderful message of Easter is that JESUS IS ALIVE AND THAT HE DWELLS AMONG US AS WELL AS IN US!!

Hebrews 7:25, “Therefore He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.(NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment