Friday, December 4, 2009

Decisions

Last night and again this morning the Spirit is dealing with me concerning decisions. Life is a series of events that requires me to make decisions. Certainly some of these decisions are easier than others and some of these decisions do not carry the same repercussions as other decisions. But I am concerned about making the correct decisions when it comes to my relationship with God. Will I choose to respond to God or will I choose to reject God? Will I choose to receive His correction and admonition or will I choose to walk in my own will and way? Will I choose to surrender my life to His Lordship or will I continue to walk after the leading of fleshly desires and plans? Each of these questions are very important and they will play a significant role in our spiritual development. I am hearing the Voice of the Spirit in my personal prayer time, I am hearing the Voice of the Spirit in public worship services, and I am hearing the Voice of the Spirit in the declaration of the Word of God. But what am I doing with His Voice and with His call? Will I continue to choose to ignore this call or will I reach the conclusion that my spiritual life depends on me following after Christ with true resolve and strong desire? I believe that many of you are sensing the same encouragement from God and I believe that many of us will choose to answer God with a resounding YES. Yes, we are ready to follow Him and yes we are ready to obey Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment