Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Catching Up!

I have been unable to make the daily posts due to my schedule, both ministry and travel, as well as the snow storm that we received in Louisville. I wanted to inform you so that you would know that I have not lost my passion when it comes to sharing my heart with you. God is good and He is speaking many wonderful things (I do not use this term loosely) into our lives and I am convinced that God desires to reveal a deeper manifestation in each of us if we will continue our pursuit of His presence. I am fully committed to the journey and I am fully determined to pursue a deeper relationship with Christ. The theme of the meetings in Missouri revolved around the theme "Raising the Standard." This theme was applied to our ministry development as well as the relationship with our spouse. As I was preparing for the meeting I asked myself this question; "Do I truly believe that God desires for me to raise the standard of right living in all areas of my life." I will confess something at this moment; "Isn't it easier to see the need for improvement in other peoples' lives rather than our own life?" I can identify the areas of weakness in your life quickly while I am justifying the lack of improvement in my life. Isn't it time for us to have a honest evaluation of our own personal walk with God and allow that same opportunity to the community of believers that surround us? It is so easy to criticize others (I can speak from experience) while being so easy on myself. I do not want these statements to become a heavy burden on you but I do feel impressed to challenge us to "raise the standard" in our personal journey with God. We must stop resisting the work of the Spirit and we must become willing to submit to His direction. God knows our needs and He stands ready to complete in us what He has started. Let 2010 become a year of introspection of our personal life and avoid the trap of inspecting the lives of our fellow Christians.

No comments:

Post a Comment