Friday, February 19, 2010

Self Examination

2 Corinthians 13:5, "Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?--unless indeed you are disqualified." (NKJV) The Spirit dealt with me concerning the seriousness of our relationship with God as I was sharing the Word of God last night. Do I take the time to seriously examine my walk with Christ? One of the meanings of the word "examine" leads us to the understanding of the need to "scrutinize" (Strong's Concordance) my life and my walk with Christ. People will spend hours researching the purchase of a new car on the Internet yet very little time in the study of the Word of God. People will spend hours researching "tidbits of news" concerning their favorite movie stars, sports icons, favorite sports teams, etc., yet spend very little time in personal communion with God. Is there any wonder that so many people are weak in their faith and commitment to Christ? We are living in the time in which we need "to be strong in the Lord" rather than weak in the faith. I believe that our strength comes from having an on-going personal relationship with Christ that is in the stages of daily development. We must understand the need to commit ourselves to a lifestyle of self examination. The combination of the Word and the Spirit will provide the means that we need to take the proper look at our lives. The Spirit and the Word of God will also provide the proper help and guidance that we need to make the right and proper adjustments to our lives. I am not speaking these words in a harsh or condemnatory attitude but rather in the spirit of love, grace, and mercy. God desires to develop each of us into strong Christians who can overcome the tests and trials of life. We must become courageous and strong as we face the challenges of the enemy of our soul. I am convinced that the modern day church will respond to this call of the Spirit. I have not given up on the church in America; I firmly believe that God is doing a great work among those who are consistently seeking Him and placing their lives in His guiding Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment