Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful, Part 4

We desire to wish each one of you a Happy and blessed Thanksgiving,  We are truly blessed to be able to live in America and have the opportunities and freedom that we are privileged to enjoy.  I want to give thanks for my wonderful family and great friends that God has placed in my life.  I am thankful for my church family at New River Worship Center; their love, support, prayer covering, and encouragement is such a blessing and strength to us.  I am thankful for the military (both past as well as present) who place their lives in harms way each day that I might be able to enjoy freedom each and every day of my life.  I understand that our nation is facing a litany of problems and challenges but we still need to take time to be thankful for the blessings that God has given to America.  President Abraham Lincoln called for a day of "Thanksgiving and Praise" when he signed the initial Thanksgiving declaration in 1863.  We need to make sure that we offer sincere thanksgiving and praise to our great God and let him know that we recognize His presence in our lives.

Take some time today and specifically identify some of the blessings that God has placed in your life.  Express to God sincere thanks and gratefulness for these blessings and I believe that your heart will begin to sense a deeper presence of God in your life.

Have a great day with your family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment