Monday, November 22, 2010

Thankful

It has been almost three weeks since I have made a post and I have truly missed this form of communication.  I am still only able to use one arm and my other responsibilities have consumed much of my time.  It seems that it takes me much longer to complete a task since I incurred this injury on October 19th.  My recovery continues to make progress but I do need your prayers; in an exam on this past Friday the Doctor noticed a potential problem with the healing of the fracture in my elbow.  I need for you to join in faith with me that the elbow will not require surgery.  I know and believe that God is able to answer that prayer need that I am facing.  I am like many of you; I have much to do and I need to be able to be at full strength so that I can give my best effort to the work of the Kingdom of God.

The church plant in Radcliff, Kentucky is going well.  We are involved in 40 days of prayer and fasting.  The Leadership Team issued this challenge to the congregation on November 7th and many of those who were in attendance that day joined in agreement with us.  We are entering our third week of this effort and already prayers have been answered.  The initial call for this effort was raised up in a Leadership meeting when our Worship leader shared what God had placed on her heart.  It is a blessing to work with people who are sensitive to the call of the Spirit.  The past two Sunday services have been rich with the presence of the Holy Spirit and we are anticipating a deeper and richer anointing of the Spirit in future services.

I spoke about gratitude in yesterday's service.  Gratitude is not an option but a command of the Word of God.  I want to offer to God my sincere gratitude and thanksgiving.  It is so easy to fall into the rut of saying the "right words" but having the wrong motive.  I want my words to express what is in my heart.  Let this be a week in which we speak to God from the depths of a sincere heart of thankfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment