Friday, April 29, 2011

Prayer Request

Over the past few days many of us have seen the pictures of the devastation that has taken place over a portion of the deep South.  Alabama is the state in which I was born and raised as well as the state in which I began my Ministerial journey.  Both my family as well as my wife's family were sparred any damage to their homes as well as as any injuries and death.  We are thankful for God's protection for them but we also know that many other people are grieving at this very moment.  Some of them have lost all of their possessions while others not only lost possessions they lost friends and family members to this terrible outbreak of tornadoes.  Each of them are in my thoughts and prayers today.

My eyes have been moved to tears as I have seen the pictures of the destruction that was left behind after these storms brought damage, destruction, and death.  I am very much familiar with many of the communities in Alabama that have been affected by these killer storms.  As a matter of fact, I lived in some of those communities in the early years of life.  I have traveled and ministered in many of the states that have been affected by these storms.  I have preached the Word of God in one particular church in Alabama (Hackleburg) that was demolished by the storm.  As a matter of fact, they lost both their new building as well as their old building.  I have been privileged to preach a meeting in each of those buildings.  I am saying this so that we can understand a personal touch with the people and the circumstances that they are facing.  Earlier today the Pastor of the Hackleburg church, Pastor Clint, placed these words on Twitter, "God is faithful."  What a great reminder from a man that has seen much physical labor, effort, and investment of his time disappear right before his very eyes.  But it is during these moments of life that we are encouraged to trust in the faithfulness of God.  You may not be facing the aftermath of a tornado but you may be facing a "stormy" period of your life.  But in the words of Pastor Clint, "God is faithful."  You can depend on the faithfulness of God.

Let us continue to cover this region of America in our prayers.  Many of these communities face a long journey to able to reclaim any semblance of normality.  Let us pray that God will strengthen the hearts of this community as they pull their lives back together and resume their walk through life.

I also desire your prayers in a personal way.  I have been asked to speak to a Ladies Conference in Kentucky on Friday and Saturday night.  I believe that God has placed a word of challenge and encouragement in my heart for this Conference and I desire the freedom to release that Word.  Your prayer covering would be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment