Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Valuable Reminder

Each one of us go through moments in which we find it difficult to sleep. Last night was one of those nights for me. I had trouble letting go of some frustrations which I was feeling. Each of us KNOW what we ought to do in those moments but there are times that we fail to make the right decision. I kept lying in the bed fuming, stewing, mumbling, and allowing my mind to keep adding more frustrations to my life. I even began to re-visit past frustrations so that I could justify my feelings of disappointment. Finally I was able to drift off to sleep although I never fully found the rest that my mind and body needed. This morning I awoke and began to read one of my devotions and this passage appeared. 1 Thessalonians 5:18, "Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.". WOW, what a wake up call from the Holy Spirit. I immediately asked for forgiveness and strength to stay focused even when I face my own set of circumstances. I need to offer thanks to God REGARDLESS of my situation. I must learn to look for the Hand of God in the midst of my challenges. The Spirit reminded me that some things are easier preached/taught than they are practiced. I am determined to put this principle into practice in my life. Will you join me in that commitment? We need to praise God as we face the challenges of life. He is ever present to assist us.

No comments:

Post a Comment