Monday, July 25, 2011

Personal Blessing

Yesterday was a wonderful day at New River Worship Center in Radcliff, Kentucky.  We celebrated the Water Baptism of six individuals who had committed their lives to Jesus Christ.  It is always such a blessing to see people declare their faith in Christ through this public demonstration/testimony of their faith.  I have been privileged to have baptized many individuals throughout my years of ministerial service but those types of services still hold a special place in my heart.  It is a great encouragement to see people step forward and declare their faith in Christ in the midst of such evil, wickedness, and spiritual darkness.  The lives of people are trapped by sin and in some cases a complete disregard for the things of God.  It is always refreshing and encouraging to see individuals who will take such a bold step to declare their faith in Christ.

Yesterday was also unique in another manner.  I was given the awesome privilege to baptize three of our four grandchildren.  I have enjoyed going on vacation with them; I have enjoyed watching them celebrate Christmas; I have enjoyed watching them compete in sports activities; but nothing compares to watching them surrender their life to Christ and participate in the act of baptism.  I was given the awesome privilege to have baptized our two sons as well as one of our daughter-in-laws and now the opportunity to celebrate the baptism of our grandchildren.  This generation of children and youth need to see our faith on display.  They need to see Christ at work in each of us.  I know that we can not force them or coerce them into serving Christ but we can certainly be faithful in our witness and testimony of the life transforming power of Jesus Christ.  The old song says, "Everybody ought to know who Jesus is..."  I truly desire for my family to know who Jesus is and what He can do in their lives.  I truly desire for your family to know who Jesus is and what He can do in their lives.  Families are one of the reasons that I have a strong desire to stay committed and focused on the message of the Gospel.  The message of the Gospel offers hope and salvation to each and every human being that has been born into this world.  Never give up praying for your family or friends.  Never give up praying for this nation in which we live.  God still hears the prayers that are uttered from the depths of our hearts!

No comments:

Post a Comment