Thursday, July 21, 2011

Real World, Part 4

This week has been one in which God has reminded me of the need to look to Him regardless of the circumstances of the day.  This means that I look to God on those days that are full of hope and wonderful dreams and I also look to God on those days that may be full of pain, disillusionment, and even pain.  In Psalm 121 David answers a question that he poses to Himself.  Each one of us will face those moments in which we will have that same question and answer session with ourselves.  Let us take a moment and remind ourselves of that internal discussion that was happening in David's heart and life.  Psalm 121:1-2, "I will lift up my eyes to the hills--From whence comes my help?  My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth." (NKJV)

There are times and there will be times in which we will look at our present circumstances as well as our possible future circumstances and wonder what danger may be lurking for us to encounter.  Those are the moments that we must remember that the Lord is our helper.  He is the only one who is able to protect us and fully walk with us through those moments of challenge.  Friends, family, and even the family of God can offer limited assistance but God knows the details of every circumstance that we are facing and He is able to bring the assistance that we need.  We must also remember that God has the power to rescue us even when we face those moments of spiritual, emotional, physical, and financial fatigue.  Our hope lies in the fact of knowing where to look and making the conscious decision that we will look to the Lord as the supplier of our needs.  I want to make that decision a part of my daily life and let that pattern become ingrained in my spiritual DNA.  I refuse to be trapped by the "spirit of confusion" but I desire to walk in a confident understanding that the I will look to God on a daily basis and ask Him to direct my steps.


No comments:

Post a Comment