Monday, January 9, 2012

2012

I am very much a creature of habit (my wife would completely agree with that statement).  My early morning schedule has been very hectic the past several weeks and I am a person who likes to write on this blog early in the morning.  It may be apparent that I need to pray about being a little more flexible; those of you who know me personally might offer a hearty Amen to that statement.  But I do know that the Lord continues to deal with my heart as we enter the second week of the call to 21 days of Prayer and Fasting.  I do not want to ignore the call from God to draw near to His heart so that I might more completely understand His purpose and call for my life as well as the ministerial call that I sense at work in me.

Yesterday the spirit dealt with my heart concerning making resolutions in comparison to making commitments.  Many believers settle for making resolutions to improve, change, pray more, read the Bible more, etc. rather than taking the Biblical challenge to step into the lifestyle of commitment.  Commitment requires participation with God.  Commitment requires surrender to God.  Commitment requires seeking His will and way rather than my will and way.  Commitment requires me to look to God for direction and guidance as I follow after Him.  I am determined to make that transition in my life.  I refuse to be content with just following a list of resolutions for a few days or possibly a few months and then drift back into the some mundane lifestyle of Christianity.  I want to upgrade my spiritual journey into a deeper lifestyle of commitment.  I want to receive all that God has planned for my life and I truly believe that revelation  begins with seeking after God with all of my heart.  I desire to stop holding anything in reserve for some other desire that may arise in my heart.  I strongly sense the need for God to be the lead desire of my heart as I continue to walk this blessed road of Christianity. 

Prepare your heart to move from just making resolutions and walk in the strength of full commitment to our wonderful Savior!

No comments:

Post a Comment