Monday, January 16, 2012

Weekend Reflection

We are now entering our third week of a dedicated time of Prayer and Fasting.  I am hearing testimonies of answered prayer and a renewed desire to serve God in a manner that pleases Him.  Prayer and Fasting should not just be about asking; Prayer and Fasting is also about receiving.  We should seek to receive those revelations and understandings that will propel us into a deeper relationship with our Savior.  God needs to be more than just our Provider, He needs to be our Lord as well.  Many of us freely receive His saving Grace into our lives but we struggle when it comes to Him being Lord of our lives.  I truly seek for Him to be the Lord of my life.  I truly desire for Him to order my steps and direct the path of my journey.

I reminded the congregation yesterday that God does not want a facsimile of my life but He desires for me to surrender my life to Him as a sign that I desire to serve Him with all of my heart.  I don't believe that God will settle for a copy of my life; He calls me to offer my life to Him as a living sacrifice.  This sacrifice must be freely offered in which I allow Him to do His complete and perfect work in my heart and soul.  Romans 12:1 has been in my spirit for several weeks now and I know that God is speaking to me from that passage of scripture.  Let me remind you of the words that are written in that passage; "I beseech (urge) you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service" (NKJV).  I truly believe that God's Word does express the expectations that He has for each of us.  This is the time in my life in which I need to live up to those expectations.  I also do not believe that God will force me into that type of relationship; although in my judgment I believe that He could.  God is lovingly calling me into that type of willing surrender to His will and way.  I want to be prepared to offer my life to Him for Him to use as He sees fit.  I can accomplish that goal if I will remain committed to seek after the Heart of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment