Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Digression

First of all, I want to take this opportunity to congratulate the Alabama Crimson Tide on winning the BCS National Championship game on Monday night.  I was raised in the state of Alabama during the time that Paul "Bear" Bryant served as the head coach.  Those of you who are acquainted with me realize that I am a fan of the Crimson Tide.  I offer my congratulations to Coach Saban, the coaching staff and the team for winning the championship.  Whether you count the Tide winning 9 or 14 championships it really does not matter; what matters is the fact that Bama is the BCS Champion for 2011.

This morning I was reminded of something that I heard and witnessed last night.  Coach Saban kept saying that the team "bought into" the coaching staff's plan for the season as well as their plan for the game.  The winning quarterback, A J McCarron, spoke about all of the extra time that he spent in the "film room" studying the opponent.  The game revealed the evidence that a group of individuals came together as a team to accomplish their goals.  Once again let me refer to one of the comments of Coach Saban.  He referenced the fact that the win was a "team effort."  He recognized all players, all coaches, as well as the administration of the University.  He actually believes that the championship was a "team effort."

Let me share three points with you that came into my mind this morning.  1) What if every Christian "bought into" the leadership of Christ and the leadership of the spiritual leaders that God places in their lives?  What if we were sold out to the "spiritual game plan" that is revealed in the Bible?  2) What if we spent extra time in the "spiritual film room?"  What if we realized that we have an enemy but that enemy can be defeated through the power of prayer, surrender, and application of the Word of God to our individual lives?  3) What if we realized that each individual believer needs to stop operating as an individual and become a part of a spiritual team that desires to share the power of the Gospel with a hurting world?    What if we were glad to be a member of that team regardless of our position or recognition?  

There are spiritual victories to be won and spiritual enemies to be defeated.  I truly desire to follow after Christ and His direction for my life.  Will you join me on that journey?
  

No comments:

Post a Comment