Monday, January 13, 2014

Praise

I understand that the first few weeks of this year will find many believers in a "Season of Seeking". It is during these times that we are called to turn our attention to our Savior and seek His direction for our personal as well as corporate lives. I was reminded this morning that we do not need to allow our "praise" to get lost in all of the "seeking." It is easy to become so consumed by the needs that we are facing that we fail to see what God is doing and remember what God has done. I must confess that this post today began yesterday in our service at New River. We assembled to share our worship to God but the Spirit desired to take us into a deeper presence through the power of praise and thanksgiving. We heard testimonies during the prayer time with the Worship Team. We heard testimonies during the moderator's opening welcome and remarks. We saw the evidence of prayers that have been answered as the service progressed. It was not long until we just broke out into a "praise fest." I might add that we had not planned for nor advertised this "praise fest" but the Spirit determined that it was time to "get our praise on." I must also confess that I participated and today I am still glad that I participated in offering praise and thanksgiving to God. A song is still implanted in my mind this morning; "When I think of His goodness and what He has done for me..."
 
DON'T FORGET TO PRAISE WHILE YOU ARE PRAYING!!
 
Psalm 150
Praise the Lord!
Praise God in his sanctuary;
    praise him in his mighty heaven!
Praise him for his mighty works;
    praise his unequaled greatness!
Praise him with a blast of the ram’s horn;
    praise him with the lyre and harp!
Praise him with the tambourine and dancing;
    praise him with strings and flutes!
Praise him with a clash of cymbals;
    praise him with loud clanging cymbals.
Let everything that breathes sing praises to the Lord!
Praise the Lord!              (NLT)
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment