Friday, January 3, 2014

What Will We Do?

The post today may be classified more as an editorial rather than a devotional but for the past two days this same thought has made its appearance during my prayer and meditation time. I sincerely feel that I need to share this challenge with you and I pray that you will receive these words in the Spirit in which they are being written.
 
Many of us realize that the moral and spiritual climate of our nation is changing right before our eyes. We notice that open sin that defies the principles of God is being promoted while true and sincere righteousness is being lambasted as "out of touch" with the present standards or should I say present desires of our modern day culture. We are hearing these thoughts through all sources of the media yet in the midst of this barrage of mis-information the Voice of the Spirit is also being declared from pulpits around our nation. Many ministers of various denominations are calling for the "church" to draw closer to God and they are challenging us to allow the Word of God and the Spirit of God to perform His work in our hearts. I for one agree with this call and I am determined to seek after the heart of God as we enter this new year of 2014.
 
The following question must be answered in the correct manner if we are going to see a spiritual turn around in our nation. "What will we (I) do with the challenge and call that the Spirit is issuing?" It seems obvious to me that we have several choices that can be made. We can choose to just complain about the spiritual decline of our nation and find reasons to blame someone. We can point fingers of accusation against our politicians, our government leaders, and even the "liberal" side of the church. We can blame the local Pastor and local congregation for not "taking a stand" against all of the evil and sin that is in the world. I will stop here and let you put together your own list of reasons of why you think our nation has arrived at this point in our history.
 
I have an idea/inspiration that keeps coming into my heart. Why don't we stop thinking and talking about everybody else that we can blame and began to cry out to God for divine intervention? Why don't we stop examining and criticizing the lives of other people and take a long look in the spiritual mirror of our lives? How long has it been since we asked Jesus to give us a heart for soul winning, evangelism and outreach for a lost and hurting world? How long has it been since we closed the door of our "prayer closet" and remained in the presence of God until He began to stir a fire of holy zeal in our heart? How long has it been since we offered ourselves to God in heartfelt and sincere service to God? Oh, I can sense the Spirit rising in my heart as I type these words this morning. I do not want to criticize but I do want to challenge you today. Let's stop talking, complaining, criticizing and let's commit ourselves to the "work of the Father." I am accepting this challenge from the Spirit and I encourage you to do likewise. God has always looked for those intercessors who would look beyond the problems and challenges of their generation. These intercessors understood that it was never too late for God to take action. 

No comments:

Post a Comment