Wednesday, February 12, 2014

How Do You See God?, Part 3

Psalm 121
I will lift up my eyes to the hills—
From whence comes my help?
My help comes from the Lord,
Who made heaven and earth.
He will not allow your foot to be moved;
He who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, He who keeps Israel
Shall neither slumber nor sleep.
The Lord is your keeper;
The Lord is your shade at your right hand.
The sun shall not strike you by day,
Nor the moon by night.
The Lord shall preserve you from all evil;
He shall preserve your soul.
The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in
From this time forth, and even forevermore.  (NKJV)
 
This Psalm speaks to my heart in several different manners. 1) These words remind me that God will assist those who seek Him. 2) These words reveal that the writer made a definite decision to look toward God for the help, assistance and provision that he needed. I (we) must remember that we have to make that conscious decision on a daily basis as we face our unique set of trials, battles, decisions, afflictions, struggles, etc. We must know in our heart where we are going to look prior to the time that these daily events and moments take place. The decision to seek after God must take place at the front of the situation and not just during the situation. 3) The writer asks the question, "Where does my help come from?" Each of us will ask that question at various times on our journey through life and we must be prepared to make the correct response to that personal inquiry. No one else can answer that question for you. You and I must be determined in our own mind that God is the source of all that I need to be successful in my journey through life. This is true regardless of our age. This is true regardless of our socio-economic background. This is true regardless of our ethnic background. This is true regardless of our religious background. God is where we will look for direction, guidance, protection, and provision.
 
I am thankful that I have sought after God and that I have found Him to be true to His Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment