Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Remembrance

Psalm 103:1-2, "Bless the Lord, O my soul; And all that is within me, bless His holy name! Bless the Lord, O my soul, And forget not all His benefits:" (KJV)

The past few days have been ones in which God has reminded me to remember His many and wonderful benefits. Many of you could quote the wonderful promises that are found in this powerful passage of scripture. But this morning the Lord stopped me at the last part of verse 2 and I believe that He wanted to remind me of a very valuable principle. It is the principle of remembrance. I am reminded not to forget the benefits of God. My observation of this portion of truth leads me to believe that I have the ability and maybe even the propensity to forget "His benefits." Life does have a way to bring "spiritual amnesia" into our thought process as we move through daily situations and challenges. 

The Lord in His amazing Graciousness this morning reminded me of prayers that have been answered in recent days. The Lord through His wonderful loving care reminded me of an individual that had been delivered from an addiction that had challenged them for a long time. The Lord through His awesome sacrifice on the cross reminded me of an individual who had prayed the sinner's prayer and accepted Christ as their Savior. I believe that I am receiving a witness of confirmation and encouragement as these words are being read. The Lord reminded through the power of Jehovah-Raphe of an individual who received a wonderful report from their last visit with their Doctor. The Lord also reminded me through the promises of God found in His Word that there is so much more that the Heavenly Father desires to share with His children. Although these words were written in a song I am going to share them one more time; "Our God is an awesome God..." Let the church say AMEN!

Would you let this blog post remind each of us of the greatness of God? And may His Word and the revelation of His presence assist us through the process of our memory!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment