Monday, February 3, 2014

Weekend Reflections

Today's blog post will focus on some personal musings or thoughts that have permeated my heart over the past few days.

1) How often do I truly "meditate" on what the Word of God is saying to me (take a moment and focus on the word "me")?

2) Do I understand the "times" in which we are living or am I simply emotional in my response to the conditions of the world because I don't like what I see happening? 

3) Is Christ truly my Lord as well as my Shepherd?

4) Do I look to God for direction/guidance as much as I do for blessings/provision?

5) Am I truly interested in the eternal destiny of others or is that just the "spiritual language" that I have learned and adopted through the years of my Christian journey?

6) Do I categorize prayer as a "have to" of my Christian walk or is it a "want to" of my Christian walk?

7) Is prayer my opportunity to have a conversation with God or is it an opportunity to present my Christian wish list to God for His approval?

These and many other thoughts visit my mind from time to time. Some of these do not need to become a passing thought but they do need to become a lasting thought that leads to change in my relationship with Christ.

Have a great day and think on the things that will make a difference in your life as well as the lives of those people that you are called to influence.

No comments:

Post a Comment