Friday, April 18, 2014

Good Friday

I trust and pray that this week has been a week of reflection for you. I know that the past few weeks have found me pondering about the awesome sacrifice that Jesus paid for my sins to be forgiven. I will admit that after all of these years preaching the Gospel that I still have difficulty "wrapping" my arms around the death, burial and resurrection of Christ. My belief in those events actually taking place is not the problem. I believe because I have seen the application of those events make a difference in my life as well as in the lives of others. But I am amazed that He would die for me and make a way for my sins to be forgotten and forgiven. I am listening to a song about the blood of Jesus as I am typing these words and I realize once more that the love of God is a tangible presence and principle that I can sense and that I can rely on.
 
I have been preaching about the need to make correct decisions over the past few weeks at New River. I never want to lose the desire to make the choice to follow Jesus on a daily basis. I owe Him a debt that I can never pay. He paid the debt for my sins and all that He asks in return is that I will follow Him in a committed lifestyle of discipleship. It seems that my love for God should be able to provide the strength that I need to fulfill that commitment. I encourage you to join with me today in re-committing your life to Christ. These are the days in which we need to make the correct decision concerning our eternal destiny.
 
Billy Graham shared these thoughts about the choices of life that we make, "The strongest principle of life and blessings lies in our choice. Our life is the sum result of all the choices we make, both consciously and unconsciously. If we can control the process of choosing, we can take control of all aspects of our life. We can find the freedom that comes from being in charge of our life. So start with what is right rather than what is acceptable. If you don’t make a decision, then time will make it for you, and time will always side against you."
 
What will be your decision regarding Christ?
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment