Thursday, April 24, 2014

Resurrection Lessons

Hebrews 7:24-26; “but because Jesus lives forever, he has a permanent priesthood.   25 Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.  26 Such a high priest truly meets our need—one who is holy, blameless, pure, set apart from sinners, exalted above the heavens.” (NIV)  
 
I sincerely believe that God is teaching me to look for the lessons that I need to learn as I move beyond the celebration of the Resurrection of Christ. I am certainly not wanting to down play the importance of the death of Christ nor downplay the importance of the Resurrection. But we also must remember that these events were not just events on the "spiritual calendar" of the church but the Crucifixion and the Resurrection were meant to have a long term and lasting impact upon the family of God. I know that I believe my previous statement to be true but I also know that I need to be reminded that the Spirit and the Word of God will continue to make an impact on my walk with Christ.
 
The scripture that I shared today is one of those reminders that the Spirit has revived and rejuvenated in my soul. This Word from God reminds us that "Jesus lives forever..., "he is able to save completely those who come to God...because he always lives to intercede for them." Did I just hear someone shout Hallelujah and Praise God? We can trust in the knowledge that the priesthood of Jesus continues to this very day and that He is still interested in the salvation of mankind. This fact encourages me to continue praying for my family, my friends, my church family, our city, our state, our nation and the people of our world. I am able to join with Christ in this joint endeavor for the soul of mankind. Will you join with me in praying for those who are in need of a relationship with God as well as for those who need to draw closer to God in their existing relationship with God? There are people who are depending on your prayers!
 
Will you (I) be faithful in answering the call to pray?

No comments:

Post a Comment