Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Perseverance

Galatians 6:8-10, "For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life. And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. 10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith. (NKJV)

Over the past few days I have been reminded of the need to persevere in my relationship with Christ regardless of the circumstances or challenges that I may face. Each of us will face those moments in which the enemy seeks to hinder our faith walk with Christ. The enemy will even go as far as attempting (sometimes successfully) to give us reasons why we should abandon our trust in God. What is the purpose of this method of attack? The enemy desires for us to "lose heart" (faint). The enemy wants us to give up but the Spirit will encourage us to hold on and move forward in our walk with Christ. Each of us have the option to choose which action we will take. I do not want to lose heart or give up. The "weariness" of life will wear on our faith but the Spirit will strengthen the inner man so that we can become a victor rather than a victim. 

2 Timothy 1:11-13, "And of this gospel I was appointed a herald and an apostle and a teacher. 12 That is why I am suffering as I am. Yet this is no cause for shame, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him until that day. 13 What you heard from me, keep as the pattern of sound teaching, with faith and love in Christ Jesus. (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment