Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Praise, Part 2

Psalm 34:1-3
"I will bless the Lord at all times;
His praise shall continually be in my mouth.
My soul shall make its boast in the Lord;
The humble shall hear of it and be glad.
Oh, magnify the Lord with me,
And let us exalt His name together." (NKJV)


It was during prayer time this morning that the Spirit reminded me of the importance of this scripture passage in my personal life. I noticed the use of the personal pronouns such as "I, my (twice), me, and us." Do you see the pattern of the Psalmist's declaration? He was making this psalm a personal desire that He was expressing to God as well as to those people that would hear these words as well as those individuals who would read this Psalm. I truly believe that these words are being spoken to us today. The Psalmist was committing his life to be a life that would offer praise and honor to God "at all times" and in all circumstances. This is a challenge that each of us need to accept and this is an opportunity that each one of us need to embrace.

I have declared these words during various "worship services" and I am going to declare them one more time. "No one can offer your praise to God!" You and I can not expect the Worship Team to offer our praise. You and I can not expect the Pastor or other church leaders to offer our praise. You and I can not expect the local Gospel Radio Station to offer our praise. You and I can not expect the other members of the Body of Christ to offer our praise. We may join in with these other "worshipers" but I believe that God is waiting to hear each of us lift our voice in praise and honor to Him. NO ONE CAN TAKE YOUR PLACE WHEN IT IS TIME TO OFFER PRAISE AND THANKSGIVING TO GOD!!

Will God hear YOUR VOICE offering Him praise today?


No comments:

Post a Comment