Monday, November 3, 2014

Praise

Psalm 118:24, "This is the day the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it." (NKJV)

I woke up this morning with "praise" on my mind. The thoughts about the need to praise God actually began to stir in my spirit last night as we returned home from a Small Group meeting. I am listening to "Praise & Worship" music as I am typing these words. But I must confess that the music did not awaken this praise in my heart. I turned on the music as a result of what is stirring in my heart this morning. The "stirring of praise" caused me to seek out the music rather than the stirring of the music causing me to release the praise. Is it possible that we are always "waiting on some event or answered prayer" to stir our praise? 

What is stirring in your heart today? What has God heard from your voice this morning? Has your words and thoughts contained words that offered praise and adoration to God? You may have spoken a few words or a lot of words before you have the opportunity to read this post. Did you begin your day with words such as, "Oh no, it is Monday, time to start another week." Did you possibly say, "I can't believe the weekend is gone already." Did you say, "I don't know if I can face another day at work." These are just a few examples of statements that many of us have made at some point in our lives. 

I am not saying that there is anything sinful about these statements but I am saying that we need to examine our words and make sure that we add enough words of praise, thanksgiving, appreciation, recognition of the goodness of God, etc. into the expressions of our language. God is looking for your voice to express praise to Him. I believe that He listens for YOUR (MINE) voice to be spoken. I enjoy hearing my family tell me that they love me. I enjoy hearing my family tell me that they appreciate me. I enjoying hearing my family tell me that I am an important part of this family.

Remember, that God enjoys hearing your voice offer praise and worship to Him!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment