Friday, October 31, 2014

God Still Meets the Needs of His Family

Philippians 4:19, "And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." (NKJV)


It would be amazing to know the number of times that this passage of scripture has been read or quoted during this year. It is probably one of the favorite passages for those of us who are facing challenges or for those of us who have faced challenges. These words of the Spirit spoken and written through the life of the Apostle Paul encourage us to remember that God has power over all situations and in all situations. God, the Creator of the Universe still has the ability and let me add His Word teaches that He has the desire to share with His people those resources they need to meet the challenges of life.

I am reminded of the promise spoken through Paul very often as I am praying for the needs of others both in the public setting of a church service as well as during my private time of prayer and intercession. During this past week I have spoken at a Men's Conference as well as a local church Revival meeting. There was one common denominator of both of those meetings; there were people with needs BUT the presence of God was revealed to meet those needs in each of the meetings. 

The presence of God will remind us of His power, authority, and rule over all of the powers that seek to hinder, destroy, discourage, frustrate, etc. our walk with God. I prayed with many individuals who released their faith and brought to God various struggles, needs, situations, battles, etc. But in each case I was able to pray with boldness, faith, courage and great hope according to the promise found in Philippians 4. I sensed that same promise this morning as I "prayed through" my prayer list of people in need. God is certainly "able and fully qualified" to meet any need that you are facing today. Do not give up, do not give in, and do not surrender your faith to the attacks/strategies of the enemy. 

God can still defeat and overthrow the attempts of the enemy to derail your faith in the promises of God!!

No comments:

Post a Comment