Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Reminders, Part 2

I sense that God continues to encourage me to remind each of us of the need to remember and reflect on those marvelous blessings that God has provided for us. I know that each of us have not traveled through this world without cares, trials, battles, struggles, challenges, etc. As a matter of fact some of you may even carry "battle scars" from some of the situations that you have faced. But each of  us need to realize that God has been at work in our lives even as we have faced those challenges. Lamentations 3 teaches us that the compassion of God is new each morning. Most of us like to eat fresh bread rather than stale or dried out bread. We can find spiritual rest and peace in the fact that the compassion of God is fresh from the presence of God on a daily basis.

I have heard several testimonies this week regarding prayers that have been answered during the lifetime of different individuals. In the midst of conversations these individuals felt led to share them with me. Could this have been a coincidence or was this arranged by the sovereignty of God? I personally believe it was one of God's ways to remind me that He does work in the lives of people even when they may feel overwhelmed or discouraged by all of the circumstances that they are enduring. We have come this far on our journey by faith in the goodness and greatness of God. Would you join with me and offer praise to the Lord God Almighty for what He has already done in your life? Don't wait for another blessing before you praise Him for the blessings that He has already provided!!!

I would like to share a quote with you that I read this morning. 

"We need deliberately to call to mind the joys of our journey. Perhaps we should try to write down the blessings of one day. We might begin; we could never end; there are not pens or paper enough in all the world." — George A. Buttrick

No comments:

Post a Comment