Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Reminders

I believe that God has assigned me a specific task with this blog post this morning. I feel an urgency in my spirit to "remind" you about the greatness of God. I can imagine some of the early thoughts that you will have as you read the words "remind" and "greatness." You may even think that I already know that those two ingredients of our relationship with God are important ingredients to remember. And you may even be correct in making that assumption. But reality lies in the fact that we do forget to remember and we do forget about the greatness of God ESPECIALLY when we are facing a time of struggle, concern, anxiety, frustration, disappointment, etc. I believe that the enemy does his best to create a spirit of "spiritual amnesia" during those moments in our lives.

It is during those moments that we bring our thoughts under the influence of the Word of God and the Spirit of God. I understand that we do not even have the ability to know all of the provisions that God makes for us much less remember each and every one of them. BUT WE DO HAVE THE ABILITY to reflect and meditate on the goodness and greatness of God as we travel this road of life. Spiritual contemplation (deep and sincere meditation) in my opinion is one of the weapons of our spiritual warfare and it may have been inadvertently discarded because of the busyness of the world in which we live. It is possible that our time to "think" about the goodness and greatness of God has been pushed aside so that we can accomplish things that satisfies the flesh. Is it possible that our soul is growing weak while all of the time the appetites and desires of the flesh are growing stronger? 

How long has it been since you sacrificed some of your plans so that you could spend time in the presence of God in meditation, contemplation and prayer? We need to remember to never forget the goodness and greatness of God!! Our (my) walk with God will grow stronger if I (you) will spend time in His presence!!

No comments:

Post a Comment