Monday, October 6, 2014

God's View of You

Matthew 14:13-14, "When Jesus heard it, He departed from there by boat to a deserted place by Himself. But when the multitudes heard it, they followed Him on foot from the cities. 14 And when Jesus went out He saw a great multitude; and He was moved with compassion for them, and healed their sick." (NKJV)

This past weekend at church reminded me of two (2) very important truths that I need to remember. 1) God has provided many miracles for His children. 2) There are many people who are in need of miracles in different areas of their lives. I just described two different scenarios yet the same God is present in both of those scenarios. We see and remember God who has worked a miracle and through the eyes of faith we see God who is able to work many more miracles for His children. I am encouraged as I realize that I have seen God at work and I also can realize the opportunity for God to work. Today I offer thanksgiving to God who has worked in my life. Today I offer praise to God for what He is planning to do in the future. And today I also offer worship, honor and adoration for those things that God is providing at this present moment in my life as well as the lives of other people that I know and serve. 

We must remember that Christ looks at us through eyes that are filled with compassion and concern. He makes this declaration in this passage of scripture found in Matthew. Other passages of scripture remind us that Christ takes an unique perspective as He looks at the struggles of His children. How will we respond to the concern and care of Christ? Will we listen for His voice that is calling us nearer to Him? Will we surrender our weaknesses to His strength? Will we place our trust in His Words of love and in some cases correction? Will we choose to follow His way rather than our own way? 

Let us make the decision to respond to Christ in a heart of obedience, trust, and surrender. He will minister to our lives if we choose to receive the Grace and Mercy that He offers to us through His sacrificial death on the cross. I want to say YES to the concern and care that Christ is offering to me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment