Friday, November 21, 2014

Remembering

I have been meditating on these words of the Psalmist David for the past few days. The Spirit continues to remind me that the Word of God is "alive and powerful." The Word of God not only transforms us but it also challenges us to examine our lives and identify those areas that need improvement or correction. Each of us need to commit to "remembering" those blessings that God has provided for us. I understand that it is humanly impossible to remember everything that God has done for us but neither can we use that as an excuse when we have the opportunity to offer praise to God. Neither can we use forgetfulness as an excuse when it comes to praising God and offering thanksgiving to Him. Let us also read the reminder that the Word of God issues in Psalm 68:19, "Blessed be the Lord, Who daily loads us with benefitsThe God of our salvation! Selah  (NKJV)


Psalm 103:1-5

Let all that I am praise the Lord;
    with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name.
Let all that I am praise the Lord;
    may I never forget the good things he does for me.
He forgives all my sins
    and heals all my diseases.
He redeems me from death
    and crowns me with love and tender mercies.
He fills my life with good things.
    My youth is renewed like the eagle’s!  (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment