Sunday, February 22, 2015

Faith

I don't normally make any posts on Sunday due to the activities of this day. But we are facing some weather issues in our area and so I realize that I have some time on my hands. So I decided to share a brief synopsis of what I was going to share in the message today. I truly believe that the enemy of our soul is doing his best to undermine or at least weaken our faith. It seems that many people that I know are facing some "storms" in their lives. It is during those moments that our faith will either "hold up or fold up." I do not want my faith growing weaker but I desire for my faith to be growing stronger. Would you take a moment and read the thoughts that I felt led to share today?

For the past few weeks I have been sharing about God being our place of refuge. Today I was going to remind us that it is our faith that encourages us to look to God and trust Him to be the refuge that we need. Faith has always played a major role in our walk with Christ. Faith encourages us to believe when everything going around us says give up and don't trust God. Faith encourages us to keep moving forward when the situations that we are facing tell us to stop or even turn back in our walk with Christ. 

I would like to share some verses of scripture with you today. The passage is found in Matthew 8:23-27, "Now when He got into a boat, His disciples followed Him. 24 And suddenly a great tempest arose on the sea, so that the boat was covered with the waves. But He was asleep. 25 Then His disciples came to Him and awoke Him, saying, “Lord, save us! We are perishing!” 26 But He said to them, “Why are you fearful, O you of little faith?” Then He arose and rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was a great calm. 27 So the men marveled, saying, “Who can this be, that even the winds and the sea obey Him?” (NKJV)

Each of us have faced or possibly are facing storms in our lives. We have felt the waves of doubt, fear, frustration, discouragement, failure, etc. rise against us so much that we even thought that we were about to be swallowed up by the force of the waves. And there may have been moments in those times that we looked for the presence of God and possibly even felt that He had forgotten about us. Notice these words that Jesus spoke to the disciples, "...Why are you fearful, O you of little faith." They still possessed faith although Christ identified it as "little." But their faith did exist and so does your faith. Don't give up in the storm. Trust in God and recognize His presence. He sill possesses the power to bring calm into your storm. A line from an old hymn declares, "Hold to God's unchanging hand..."

No comments:

Post a Comment