Tuesday, February 10, 2015

February Reminder

I would like to share with you an email that I sent out earlier this morning. I truly sense in my spirit that the Holy Spirit is desiring to awaken in each of us the need to share genuine Christian love with each other. People are needing to not only hear about the love of God they are needing to see His love in action. I desire for the Love of God to be "active" in my heart and life. 

Ann enjoys watching the Hallmark Channel. As a matter of fact I must confess that I get "caught up" in some of the movies they show. This month's focus is on "Love" and how it can make an impact our lives. These stories are meant to inspire us to love and cherish those special people that God has placed in our lives. You may have even read other great romance/love stories in your life such as Romeo and Juliet. 

BUT THE GREATEST LOVE STORY EVER TOLD IS FOUND IN THE BIBLE. It is the story of God's love for this whole world. It is the story of Jesus Christ giving His life on a cross that we could be forgiven of our sins. It is the story of each of us sharing His love with our fellow man as we travel this road called life. 

The Spirit of God continues to remind me of that story. He reminds me that I am to play a role in the continuing telling of that story. The Spirit also is reminding me that I need to "live out" that story in my daily life.

I would like to share with you two passages of scripture that God has placed in my path in recent days. These scriptures have been God's way to remind me that His love is real and that His love needs to be shared with those in need.

1 Corinthians 13;1-3, "If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing." (NIV)

2 Thessalonians 1:3, "We ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters, and rightly so, because your faith is growing more and more, and the love all of you have for one another is increasing." (NIV)

Let us take the time to notice the important role that love needs to play in the life of believers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment