Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Monday's Musings, Continued

Philippians 4:19-20, "And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. 20 Now to our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen." (NKJV)

The Spirit continues to remind me of the "riches" that we can discover in our relationship with Jesus Christ, the Rock. Yesterday I referenced the riches that were hidden under the rocky soil on the mountain side in Massachusetts. I continue to discover greater riches the more that I review the life of Christ and the promises that were spoken by Him as well spoken about Him. Today's verse is an example of those reminders.

The enemy of our soul desires for us to live a life of "spiritual poverty." He also desires to clothe the Truth in the cover of darkness, fear, doubt, no hope, discouragement, etc. I also believe that the enemy seeks to keep the modern believer away from the power of the Word of God. The Word of God contains the promises upon which we build our faith, hope and confidence in God. The Word of God reveals to us the Truth about God and it also reminds each of us about the greatness of God's love for His family.

I encourage you to read your Bible. I encourage you to pray. I encourage you to pay attention to the message that God has placed on and in the heart of your Pastor. The Psalmist wrote about "hiding the Word of God in our heart." The Word of God has always played and in my opinion will continue to play a major role in our ability to live a successful Christian life in this challenging world. 

We must make time and take definite steps toward specific times of interaction with God if we are going to be prepared to face the challenges of the enemy of our soul. But I am convinced that God has all of the "equipment" that I need to finish my race on a winning note. 

Just remember that you will discover "riches" in Christ Jesus, the Rock!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment