Thursday, October 27, 2016

Thoughts on Thursday

2 Corinthians 10:3-5, For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ," (NKJV)

In a few days our nation will choose a new President as well as other governmental leaders throughout our country. This campaign season has been an unique one to say the least. The news media continues to remind us about the individual candidate who is disliked the most rather than the one that is the most popular among the citizenry of our nation. Is that just odd to me or has anyone else noticed that trend? I am sure that many of you are like me in this regard; you have been praying for God's will to be fulfilled in this decision facing our nation. We certainly need a leader that will be able to face our enemies with strength and courage as well as a leader that will successfully navigate the challenging internal "waters" that we are facing.

But I have also come to another conclusion throughout this political process. My hope is not in a Democrat, an Independent or in a Republican. My hope is in the Lord God Almighty, the Creator of the universe. Yes, I still believe in Creation and I believe in the God who is the Creator. I have also arrived at another conclusion. I have concluded that we are in a "spiritual war" and our enemies are not flesh and blood. Although I understand that satan uses fallen humanity to carry out his plans for division, destruction and demise. But I also understand that Jesus Christ has power to defeat these enemies both internal as well as external. 

I must believe the Words of God found in the Apostle Paul's writings in 2 Corinthians 10. I am not fully convinced that all believers recognize the spiritual war that we are facing. It seems to me that some believers have been rocked asleep through complacency, unconcern, laziness, lethargy, apathy, pleasure, pride, arrogance, selfishness, lack of fervent passion for God, lack of reading the Bible, and lack of a consistent prayer life just to name a few "spirits" that I intercede against on a daily basis. BUT I REFUSE TO GIVE UP HOPE ON AN AWAKENING THAT GOD DESIRES TO SEND TO OUR LAND!!

To be continued,,,

No comments:

Post a Comment