Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Wednesday's Weapon of Faith

Hebrews 4:12a, "For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword..." (NKJV)

I truly believe that the Holy Spirit is leading us to remember that we do have a weapon of spiritual warfare that we may be forgetting. We hear about authors who promote their book as an answer book for spiritual warfare. We hear about musicians and singers who promote their music as a means of "setting the mood" as we prepare to petition God to fight those enemies that are coming against us at any particular moment. We even hear about conferences/meetings that will provide us the "strategies" to overcome the attacks of evil, wickedness and darkness. Let me make this statement before I alienate many of you at the very start of this post. 1) I certainly read books on spiritual warfare. 2) I enjoy having music playing in the background when I am praying and even preparing a message. 3) I have attended conferences/meetings in which I have been taught about preparing my heart for spiritual warfare.

BUT I MUST ALSO SAY THAT I SENSE THE HOLY SPIRIT REMINDING ME ABOUT THE PROMISES OF GOD THAT ARE REVEALED IN THE BIBLE, THE WORD OF GOD!!!

People may feel led to share answers to some challenging and difficult questions. But I personally believe that the Word of God reveals the Answer to our world. Our answer is Jesus Christ and the authority with which He speaks. We see in the Word of God that the people even recognized the power and authority with which Jesus spoke as He was fulfilling His earthly assignment of ministry. I truly believe that is time for the present day church to recognize that same power and authority that is revealed in the Word of God.

Is it no wonder why the enemy keeps so many believers from reading much less studying the Word of God? There is power in the Word of God!! David hid the words on God in his heart. The Word of God has always played a major role in the lives of the people of God. What type of role is the Word of God having in our lives today? We must remember that the Bible is more than just a book written by human authors. 2 Timothy 3:16, "All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right." (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment