Tuesday, May 2, 2017

What Are We Seeking?

It is a pleasure to be able to share my heart with you this morning. I did not realize the length of time that I had been away until I looked at the date of my last post. The past week or so has been full of many wonderful opportunities as well as blessings. The longer that I serve Him the more interesting that I find Him!!  Does my previous words resonate in your heart? I am not only intrigued with God but I am encouraged by His presence and His daily concern for my well-being.

My life is like yours; it is not always full of smiling faces and highly anointed services. It would be wonderful if I lived in an atmosphere that did not allow heartache, sorrow, heaviness, difficulties, challenges, struggles, battles, illness, etc. I believe that I will have to remain faithful and enter Heaven for all of those situations to fully disappear out of my life. But I do live in an atmosphere where God has promised to never leave me or forsake me. I truly believe that I can make it through the events of life knowing that I am not alone. 

I asked myself these questions this morning. What do I truly desire in my life? What is the driving force of my life? What is the one thing that I realize that I need more than anything else? What is the one thing that I desire more than anything else? What legacy do I want to leave behind when I depart this world? I heard a man ask this question in the past several days, What one sentence could someone write on my grave marker that would define my life on this Earth?

It would be wonderful if someone could write Matthew 6:33 as a description of my life. I know that there are other "good sayings" that should be able to be placed on our grave marker such as "Good Christian, good companion, good father, good grandfather, good friend, etc. But would the activity described and declared in Matthew 6:33 take care of all of the other "good things" that I need to be as well as live out in this world? 

Matthew 6:33, But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.(NKJV)

Each of us needs to take a moment and ask ourselves if that verse is being lived out in my life?

2 comments:

  1. This scripture came alive in my life a few years ago and how it changed me. My expectations are of Him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. The Word of God will have an impact on our lives if we take the time to allow the Word to do its work in our hearts. Blessings on your walk with Christ!!

      Delete