Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Worthy of Remembrance

I would like to share a portion of an email that I shared with the New River congregation. It focuses on two important factors. First, each of us needs to remember that we are valuable to God. Second, each of us needs to remember those brave men and women who paid the ultimate price for our freedom. I believe that the enemy seeks to create a sickness that I will refer to as "spiritual amnesia." This "disease" leads to an attitude that can create an atmosphere of unthankfulness which leads to a lack of sincere gratitude. Oh by he way, I believe that I have discovered the anti-dote to the disease. It is called PRAISE AND THANKSGIVING!! I encourage you to give it a try and begin to notice a difference in your life!!

Greetings in the name of Jesus Christ who provided us the opportunity to recognize our "worthiness" in the eyes and heart of our Heavenly Father!!" Each of us needs to remember the fact that we "were worth saving" and that Jesus provided that opportunity for each of us through His death on the cross. That is one of the many reasons that the family of God can celebrate the goodness and graciousness of God. 

I realize that we are moving toward Memorial Day weekend. This will be a weekend with a variety of celebrations. Sadly many of these "celebrations" have no connection with the original purpose of Memorial Day. Memorial Day was set aside to remember those valiant and courageous men and women who gave their lives so that we could LIVE IN FREEDOM. It is sad to say but many Americans have made it more about celebrations than they have remembrance. I will take this opportunity to encourage you to remind yourself as well as your family of those brave individuals who paid the ultimate price for our freedom in America. Let me also add that we MUST NOT FORGET THOSE WHO ARE PRESENTLY SERVING IN THE MILITARY AS WELL AS THOSE WHO HAVE PREVIOUSLY SERVED!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment