Thursday, May 25, 2017

Which Way Are We Headed?

The Adult Discipleship Group at New River have been studying about the development of our relationship with Christ. I believe that the development of our relationship with Christ is as important if not more important than the initial step of asking Christ to become the leader of our lives. Doesn't Jesus reference "endurance" when He declared "But he who endures to the end will be saved." Matthew 24:13 (NKJV)

I celebrate with any and every one when they begin their journey with Christ but the true test of faith is revealed as we "continue" to run our race of life. I do not want to make this journey with Christ to sound harsh or extremely difficult but I do believe that each of us will face challenges/trials/battles/struggles/temptations, etc. which will challenge our "spiritual endurance." It is during those moments that my faith will either "hold up" or "fold up." 

I believe that we are either are moving toward God or we are moving away from God. I do not believe that there is an in-between stage. Jesus plainly declared that we are either far Him or we are against Him. I understand the plainness of these words but I also believe the reality of these words. 

Many of us have and even expressed certain expectations out of God. But we have a tendency to become offended when the Word of God reminds us of the expectations that God has for us. I don't believe that God will ask anything from us that is beyond our ability to fulfill. My "love" relationship with God will either be successful or unsuccessful based on my level of desire and commitment to follow His precepts and principles. 

MAY GOD PROVIDE THE STRENGTH, COURAGE, PERSEVERANCE AND DESIRE THAT EACH OF US NEEDS TO RUN OUR RACE OF LIFE!! AMEN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment