Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Which Direction Are We Headed?

I need to inform you that Saturday (May 6th) is the running of the Kentucky Derby. This is probably the most famous of the Horse Races and it is the first leg (race) of the Triple Crown. I share this with you to also inform you that this is "Derby Week" in the city of Louisville. Louisville puts on several different events prior to the running of the Derby which is always ran on the first Saturday of May. These events are intended to draw people into the celebration that surrounds this famous Sporting Event.

One of the events of Derby Week is the Pegasus Parade which will take place on Thursday afternoon. The theme of this year's parade is "Louisville on the Move." You are probably already wondering about my "spiritual interest" in sharing this information concerning the Derby as well as the theme of the parade. It was the theme of the parade that drew my attention; "Louisville on the Move."

My mind immediately went to a worship song that we sing at New River when I heard the theme of the parade announced on the early morning news program Tuesday morning. 7eventh Time Down sings a song entitled God Is On The Move. The song writers uses these two phrases that have spoken to my heart since we have been singing this song; "God is on the move in many mighty ways. God is on the move, God is on the move Today.

This song could very well be the theme song for the Kingdom of God. We must recognize that God is on the move at this very moment. Does not the Bible teach that true followers of Jesus Christ are called to follow Him (Jesus)? Does not the Bible teach us that we are to draw near to God and that God will draw near to us? We see the evidence before our eyes on a daily basis that God is on the move. We witnessed the evidence in a corporate setting this past Sunday morning at New River. I have talked with people this week that reveal the truth that God is on the move in this world TODAY.

BUT I sense in my spirit that believers face a major decision. Are we (Am I) going to be willing to move with God as He moves? Or am I going to remain content to stay in the same spiritual condition and relationship with God that is beginning to produce a condition of staleness, stagnation and lack of hunger for more of His presence in my life? These are not the days to grow idle, cold, indifferent and distant from God. But these are the days to move with God as the Spirit works to complete what God has started in us when we surrendered our lives to Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment