Friday, July 7, 2017

Friday's Praise

I have sincerely sensed a renewed call from God concerning our need to be a people of praise, thanksgiving, recognition, adoration, appreciation etc. I truly believe that it is easy to "drift" into a spiritual state that causes us to focus on the challenges of life and forget all of those moments in which God made a dramatic and divine difference in our circumstances. I also believe that many of these "spiritual events" take place on a daily basis but we just fail to take the time to notice them. I urge each of us to make a concerted effort to celebrate the goodness and greatness of God on a daily basis and not just on those days of "unique" blessings. I believe that our walk with Christ will drastically and dramatically improve if we become consistent in this "Praise Movement."  

I am going to share a portion of a letter that I sent to the New River church family this week. I pray that the Spirit will use this post to reawaken your "passion for Praise!"

Good morning on this side of the July 4th celebration!! I trust that you had some time to reflect on the freedoms that we enjoy in America on a daily basis. I was reminded once more this morning during prayer that we need to resist the "spirit of unthankfulness." We need to offer our sincere gratitude to God for His daily provision as well as those special moments of Divine Intervention.

I would like to take this opportunity to remind you of the challenge/request that I issued toward the close of this past Sunday's service. I felt led/inspired to ask each of us to spend at least five (5) minutes a day in offering thanks/praise/appreciation and recognition for the blessings that God has already provided in our lives. This challenge/request is to be put into operation for the remaining days of July. TODAY IS A GREAT DAY TO BEGIN THIS "PRAISE JOURNEY" IF YOU HAVE FORGOTTEN OR IF YOU LEFT EARLY OR IF YOU WERE ABSENT ON SUNDAY. I must add these words, "I sincerely feel that God placed this challenge in my heart and that I was supposed to share it with our church family."

I also need to add that I have already received at least three (3) praise reports from different individuals of prayers that have been answered since we began this "praise effort" on Sunday. I can also testify that I have sensed the presence and strength of God during this portion of my prayer time. I have even found myself just beginning to thank God for His goodness and graciousness outside of these five (5) minute praise sessions. I believe that PRAYER WORKS but I also believe that PRAISE AND WORSHIP DRAWS THE ATTENTION OF GOD!!

Will You join with us in this "PRAISE MOVEMENT?"

1 comment:

  1. Pastor Michael I am a prayer warrior an a praiser.When I think of his goodness and all He have done for me I have to praise Him. I once was told when praises goes up blessing come down. I'm a firm believer in that. Be bless and give God all the praise do to Him. Praying for you and your congregation.

    ReplyDelete