Monday, July 3, 2017

Time for Praise

I have not felt a release of the Spirit from an inspiration that I received as I was sharing the Word of God on Sunday at New River Worship Center. The Spirit challenged my heart concerning the need for the "power of praise" to return to the family of God. I fully understand the challenges that each of you are facing on a daily basis. Many of these are time consuming as well as an emotional drain on our lives. I sincerely believe and I will publicly declare that "Satan is seeking to steal our joy and destroy our hope." But in the midst of these challenges we are called on to lift our voices in praise, adoration and worship. (Note: I have even heard people say that I just did not feel like coming to worship service today.) PS: They were not referencing any physical maladies, Their desire to praise and worship God had evaporated or disappeared!! 

Let me hasten to add these words to this challenge that I am presenting today. God is looking for more than just "rehearsed religious phrases." I believe that He is looking for the sincerity of our heart to declare our genuine appreciation, thanksgiving and recognition of the blessings that God has deposited in our lives. We have to stop waiting on the next "great" blessing and begin to focus on those "daily benefits" that God provides for each of us.

I spoke these words of challenge to the congregation on Sunday. I asked them to spend at least five (5) minutes in praise each remaining day of July. These five (5) minutes should not be filled with prayer requests or the list of needs that we have. Just focus your effort on praising and honoring God for His presence, His provision, His Grace, His Mercy, His Love, His Kindness, etc. I encourage you to join with us in this spiritual exercise. I believe that this will produce a wonderful benefit in your life if you will commit to this discipline for the next several days. 

Psalm 150:6, Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord!
Psalm 150:2, Praise Him for His mighty acts; Praise Him according to His excellent greatness!(NKJV)
 Luke 17:16-18, and fell down on his face at His feet, giving Him thanks. And he was a Samaritan. 17 So Jesus answered and said, “Were there not ten cleansed? But where are the nine? 18 Were there not any found who returned to give glory to God except this foreigner?” (NKJV) (Emphasis Added)
I Thessalonians 5:18, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.(NKJV)
 Psalm 30:12, “To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks to You forever.(NKJV) (Emphasis Added)

No comments:

Post a Comment