Friday, July 21, 2017

There is REALLY AN ADVERSARY!!

1 Peter 5:8, Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.(NKJV)

I sincerely believe that the Spirit placed this blog post in my heart this morning. I had planned to share some other thoughts or possibly share nothing at all due to my schedule today. BUT during prayer the Holy Spirit interrupted my plans and led me down a path that included me sharing these words/thoughts with you. I pray that you will listen with your heart and not just read them from an intellectual standpoint. This is certainly not a "deep" theological paper but I believe that it is a reality that must become even more "real" to us than ever before. There is an actual enemy that seeks to defeat and overthrow our faith. We need to be alert and aware of this truth so that we will know how to respond to these attacks correctly.

The Spirit revealed to me a spiritual force or forces that was seeking to "undermine" the faith of individuals as well as the corporate faith of our church family during a recent prayer time. I immediately sensed that it was the presence of God that was preparing my heart for what was about to take place. I am saddened to say that I have seen this "activity" take place in the lives of individuals which has affected our local ministry effort. Different types of battles, temptations, "issues", lack of passion/hunger for Christ, selfishness, struggles, etc. have appeared in the past few months with the specific intended purpose of weakening our faith which eventually would lead to the demise of our personal faith. BUT DURING PRAYER THIS MORNING THE SPIRIT URGED ME TO BRING THESE THOUGHTS TO EACH OF YOU!! This "undermining" is happening in many locations and in the lives many believers if not in all of our lives.

Most of us are familiar with termites. Termites work in the hidden crevices and hidden material of our homes. They work out of our sight and most of the time they work without us knowing what type of "undermining" destruction they are creating. The presence of termites are not discovered until much damage has occurred in many cases. I have witnessed three swarms of termites which revealed that there was a problem in the infrastructure of the building. One of these swarms were in our home and the other two were in the church buildings where I was serving as Pastor. These swarms alerted me that I needed professional help if I was going to stop the destruction that was taking place.

I have written these previous words so that I could declare these words. THERE ARE "SPIRITUAL TERMITES"  that are working behind the scenes in the secret of darkness seeking to interfere in our faith walk with Christ. Each of us can identify these "termites" at work against us and in us if we are truly honest. I will allow you the privilege to make your own list of these "termites" that you know has arisen against you during your Christian walk. But at certain times in our lives the Holy Spirit will create an atmosphere which will cause these "spiritual termites" to swarm. This is our signal to call out for assistance from the Lord God Almighty.

WHAT IS "SWARMING" AROUND YOU TODAY? IS IT THE PRESENCE OF GOD AND HIS DIRECTION FOR YOUR LIFE OR IS IT GOD REVEALING THE "SPIRITUAL TERMITES" THAT ARE SEEKING TO UNDERMINE YOUR FAITH? 

WE CAN NOT AFFORD TO ALLOW ANYTHING TO GET BETWEEN US AND OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD!!

No comments:

Post a Comment