Monday, February 25, 2013

God is Active Today

  The activity of the Spirit was very present and evident in the service yesterday at New River Worship Center. I was reminded of the word "active" this morning as I was reflecting on yesterday's service. Why should I be surprised or amazed? The activity of the Spirit in the affairs of mankind is revealed throughout the pages of the Bible. We notice that the Spirit was active in both the Old Testament as well as the New Testament. The Spirit does not lie dormant in our modern society and He is not passive in the affairs of mankind today. We witnessed the activity of the Spirit as we offered our worship to God. I sensed the activity of the Spirit as I preached the Word of God to the congregation. I recognized the active ministry of the Spirit during our time of prayer in the altar service. Do you see the theme in my post today? I desire to testify that the Spirit is active TODAY in your life and each of us need to identify and respond to the presence of God. We can rejoice in the fact that God is very aware of the individual circumstances that we are facing and He is ready to actively participate in our walk through life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment