Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Happy Anniversary

Forty-one (41) years ago today I was privileged and blessed to be able to marry the love of my life. I want to take this public opportunity to wish my wife, Ann, a very HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! Ann has fulfilled so many important roles in my life through our years together. She is my best friend, she is my confidant, she is my supporter, she is my encourager, and I could keep adding to this list. Ann is my prayer partner as well as life partner. We have been blessed to travel this road of life together. Our successful journey though life has been a combination of many personal and spiritual characteristics. But I do have one observation that I believe is worth mentioning. At a very early point in our marriage we chose to look inside our marriage to have our needs met rather than looking for people outside our marriage to fulfill any need that we may have. This does not mean that we lived an introverted life and keep other people at a distance from us rather it simply meant that we felt that no one could meet the needs we faced like our companion could meet them. This attitude included our physical and emotional needs that we faced. I believe that many couples fall prey to the tactic of the enemy and look outside the parameters of their marriage to have needs met that God intended marriage to meet for them. We also placed our confidence and trust in God and asked Him to be the guide of our steps and decisions. We committed our lives to Christ and decided to do our best to live by the principles that He taught us. As with all couples we did face our set of challenges in every area of our life but through our faith in God and our commitment to Christ we were able to work our way through those obstacles. For your information I was a Minister when we married and our life has been spent in Ministry. We have seen God work in our lives and in the lives of many people for which we are grateful and very thankful. Ann, I LOVE YOU and I am thankful that you are my wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment