Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Leaning on God

Jeremiah 33:2-3,  “Thus says the Lord who made it, the Lord who formed it to establish it (the Lord is His name): ‘Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.’ (NKJV)

This passage of scripture has always intrigued me as well as encouraged me. This passage is full of hope as well as full of the promise that the Lord will hear us as we call out to Him. Isn't it simply amazing that the Lord of all Glory would take the time to hear me call on His name? This is a reoccurring theme throughout the pages of the Bible. God actually listens to the prayers that we pray.

I was raised in a local church environment that encouraged people to pray. As a Minister and Pastor I have always encouraged people to pray. I believe that it is one of the "least used weapons" in our Christian arsenal of weaponry. God listens for our voices and for the desires that those voices will express to Him. 

God even understands those moments in which my mind is unable to adequately express the needs that I have at that present time. Would you take a moment and read out loud (if possible) these encouraging and enlightening words expressed in the writings of the Apostle Paul? Romans 8:26-27, " Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27 Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God." (NKJV) The Holy Spirit will assist us when we reach those moments that the ability to express our concerns to God is inhibited by those circumstances that we are facing. 

WOW!! Do you realize that we serve a God that cares that much for us? I remember a song that was a part of our corporate worship throughout many of the years of my Christian journey. The gist of the chorus reminded us that we "were leaning on the everlasting arms of God." I am thankful today that I can place my confidence in God regardless of the circumstances or challenges that may come my way. God is great and greatly to be praised!!

No comments:

Post a Comment