Monday, August 10, 2015

My Offering to God

Romans 12:1, "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service." (NKJV)

There is a portion of our local church service that is called an "Offertory Celebration." This is a time in which we present to God our offerings and tithe as a sign of our praise, thanksgiving, appreciation and recognition of the blessings that He has provided for us. I am a Christian who believes in that part of our worship celebration. And I am a Christian that looks forward to "offer" to God my financial gift as an act of worship.

But do you realize that our "worship" is more than the songs we sing on Sunday? Do you realize that our "worship" is more than the financial gift that we share with the local church on any given Sunday? Do you realize that our "worship" is more than the prayers and words of praise that we offer to God on any given Sunday?

God has called us to a lifestyle of worship, sacrifice and presenting Him an offering. The Apostle Paul wrote some challenging words under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit as he addressed the church at Rome. He wanted them to realize that their bodies were to be presented to God "a living sacrifice. God desires more than my money. God desires more than my words. God desires more than just a tradition of Sunday activities. GOD DESIRES ME!! He wants me to be willing to invest all that I am and all that I have into His hands so that He can use me for His Kingdom work and purpose.

What will you "offer" to Him today?

No comments:

Post a Comment