Friday, August 14, 2015

Spiritual Awakening

Revelation 3:20, "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me." (NKJV)

There are various understandings of this passage of scripture. I personally believe that it was written to a local church in Laodicea. This church had grown lukewarm in their relationship with Christ and they had drifted into a selfish misunderstanding and misdirected relationship with Christ. In the eyes of God they were in desperate need of a "spiritual awakening" in their individual lives. This may surprise you but I am more concerned about our individual relationship with Christ that I am about our corporate needs. The corporate church will be in good working order if we can get our individual connection with God correct.

This post may be written from a perspective of personal reflection but I also do hope that it will spur your desire to have more of God at work in your life. The best way that I can explain the purpose of these words is the fact that I sensed the Spirit taking my heart down a path of remembrance this morning. I was reminded of several moments in my personal life in which the Spirit challenged my heart to draw closer to God and listen for His Voice. I am referencing those unique moments in which the Spirit led me into a deeper understanding of what God was desiring to do in my life as well as in the Kingdom of God.

I was reminded of the fire, passion, desire and faith that took hold of my life in the early days of my calling. I just yearned to serve God and follow His direction. I was reminded of certain prayer times in which I entered into a deeper presence than normal. It was during those times that I would hear specific calls and specific directions in my pursuit of the Kingdom of God. These "divine interruptions" took place in various states where we were serving as well as in various stages of my Ministerial life. I am sharing this because someone needs to understand that the work of the Kingdom stretches farther than a specific generation or a specific time in history. God is at work at all times and in all situations. We just have to be willing to make ourselves available to Him.

I am presently walking in the 9th year of a call that I received in the latter months of 2005 and finally took the step of faith in the Spring of 2006. It was during that time in my life that I sensed that God desired to being another "spiritual awakening" in America. Let me hasten to add that I still sense that in my heart and that I still believe that is God's desire for the church in America. Needless to say but the need is even greater today than it was 9 years ago. The moral and spiritual decline of our nation continues yet many Christians remain in a lukewarm state when it comes to their relationship with Christ. I have seen God work in marvelous manners in the last 9 years. That particular call took me on a Missionary journey in the U.S. for around 5 years and ultimately led to the planting of a church in Radcliff, Kentucky. 

BUT there is still a fire burning in my heart this morning!! The Lord reminded me of the "call" that was birthed in my spirit and heart during those times of prayer. There is a hunger and thirst for an awakening that has not been quenched as of yet. I am convinced that God has more to do in the lives of His people. We are called to be a "city on a hill..." Will you let your light shine today? Will you continue to draw near to God? Or will you be satisfied to remain lukewarm and somewhat disconnected from what God desires to accomplish in this day and time? The choice is ours to make. I pray that you will make the right choice to follow after God's purpose and direction for your life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment